We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, positive and creative playworker to join our team in Towerbank After School Club.
We have a large number of children to cater for everyday, so the ideal candidate will have previous experience in a childcare setting.
This is a part-time post, for both the breakfast club (07:45 – 9:00) and the after school club (14:45 – 17:45).
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 2 or above qualification is essential.
- Experience in working with children, reliability and a positive approach are essential.
- Experience in childcare or playwork is preferable.
- Training in First Aid and Food Hygiene, would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Familiarity with the “Getting it Right for Every Child” approach would be beneficial.
- developing, planning and organising activities for primary school children
- using play activities to help children develop socially and emotionally
- setting up play equipment and making sure play areas are safe
- supervising children for fair behaviour during play
- dealing with any minor injuries
- liaising with parents or carers
- preparing snacks for the children
- taking children on day trips or other outings
- keeping records and other minor administrative responsibilities
Applicants should complete and return the application, equal opportunities and self-declaration forms linked below to email@example.com.
For more information about this role, please contact Sophia Simelitidou on 07399880004 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £8.50 – £9.00 p/h | Status: Part-Time | Location: Edinburgh